Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Down 8.6lbs in 10 days! And Embarrassing Confession


So, I haven't been as transparent with you as you may think. I have a confession to make. I have gained so much weight over the past 10 years and now I have reached the embarrassing highest weight 317.8 pounds. When I married my husband, I was 80lbs lighter, but when we first met 3 years earlier, I was 100lbs lighter. This is embarrassing how I let myself go. But I will not stay in the past, I must move forward like the great psalmist Israel Houghton says. 

But that's not all. I have been hiding the fact that my blood pressure have reached an all-time high of 150/100. If you read the charts this is stage 2 hypertension and puts me at serious risk of having a heart attack, stroke, or even death. Well, I'M NOT going out like this! I refuse to deny my future children the ability to spend ACTIVE time with their mother being demobilized!

So, I have put my money where my mouth is. I've been saying for months that I was going to join the Quick Weight Loss Centers and on Monday, December 14th, I DID! I wanted to keep it a secret because every time I started something in the past I failed and I didn't want to disappoint myself again or my husband. But I looked fear in the face and I said you will not cripple me! And then I started thinking about love because perfect love casts out fear. And I am braced and put it towards my health and wellness. This is not about losing weight anymore or fitting into some jeans. This is now about loving and living to see this whole journey to fertility come to past.

No comments:

Post a Comment